Browse By

Trump wants to investigate anonymous letter in The New York Times.



I think it’s national security,” president Trump said aboard the presidential plane, and the White House is looking into whether it would be possible to take actions against The New York Times for publishing the letter, Trump said. According to

In the Op-Ed piece, an alleged senior official in the Trump administration claims close co-workers of the president are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst impulses. Trump responded by calling the letter ‘cowardly’ and questioning the author’s existence.

Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, also commented on the letter. ” The claim that everything will be okay because there are people in the White House who secretly do not keep to the orders of the president: that is how our democracy should not work. These people are not elected. They do not help us by actively supporting 90 percent of all nonsense from the White House and then saying: do not worry, we prevent the other 10 percent, “said the Democrat.

Meanwhile, the current president has narrowed down who he believes wrote the letter. Trump believes it is ‘somebody in national security´ according to Kellyanne Conway.
Friday Trump said the identity of the author was something that Attorney General Jeff Sessions should be investigating, stating its a matter of national security.
Trump said the senior administration official probably has a security clearance and has access to high-level meetings on national security strategy. “I don’t want him in those meetings. We’re looking at it very strongly from a legal standpoint,” he said aboard Air Force One.





0 0 vote
Article Rating
Liked it? Take a second to support Anthony Shipman on Patreon!
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x